The Fittes Manual for Ghost-hunters, or simply the Fittes Manual, is a book written by Marissa Fittes, founder of the Fittes Agency, the first psychical investigation agency. The book advises ghost-hunters what to do in the event of a haunting, due to the existence of the Problem.
- Ghosts will shrink, change shape, become vaporous or depart when given hope of release.
- Ghosts often stay behind due to the existence of "personal organic remains".
- Magnesium flares are advised against being used inside.
- It is advised that only one person be in the "line of fire" when a sealed chamber is opened.
- The first thing to do during a haunting is to establish its Type.