A psychical investigation agency, or simply agency, is a business specializing in taking care of ghosts ever since the Problem occurred, by hiring agents with Talent. There are sixteen agencies in total within London alone.
Generally agents from agencies wear their respective uniforms; Lucy Carlyle had wondered more than once why Anthony Lockwood hadn't chosen to apply the rule to his agency. Agents from Tamworth wore blue jackets, Grimble's had the lilac tones, Fittes the dark-grey hues, and Rotwell the wine-red; though oddly enough, Lucy's description later changed to Tamworth with canary yellow, Grimble with green pea-soup, Fittes with silver, and Rotwell with burgundy.
- A. J. Lockwood & Co., Investigators (commonly known as Lockwood & Co.)
- Atkins and Armstrong
- Epstein and Hawkes
- Fittes Agency
- Hambleton Agency (merged with Fittes Agency)
- Jacobs's company
- Rotwell Agency
- Tendy & Sons
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the US editions, "psychical investigation agency" is instead written as "psychic investigation agency."
- ↑ The Screaming Staircase, IV: The Hall, Ch. 17: "There are fifteen agencies in London bigger and more successful than Lockwood and Co."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Screaming Staircase, III: The Necklace, Ch. 13
- ↑ The Whispering Skull, V: A Big Night Out, Ch. 21
- ↑ The Hollow Boy, II: Whitechapel Nights, Ch. 6
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Screaming Staircase, II: Before, Ch. 6
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 The Hollow Boy, II: Whitechapel Nights, Ch. 5: "Plus Tendy, Atkins and Armstrong, Tamworth, Grimble, Staines, Mellingcamp, and Bunchurch. Some others, too, but I forget the names."
- ↑ The Screaming Staircase, II: Before, Ch. 8
- ↑ The Screaming Staircase, IV: The Hall, Ch. 24
- ↑ The Screaming Staircase, II: Before, Ch. 5